Translate

Thursday, August 28, 2008

kiasma, this and that





While in Helsinki we visited the Kiasma Museum of Contemporary Art and enjoyed an exhibit of video installations by European artists. We specially liked The Trainee, a disquieting yet hilariously absurd situation in an office setting and a caustic political comment on video by Spain's Pilar Albarracin

For me however, the piece was an interactive installation where the viewer composed shapes and movement by acting in front of a light beam and some reflecting glasses which broke them into kaleidoscope shapes. Very apt because i have been working a lot lately with the Kaleider program using it for textile designing and animations.
The video here was shot by my partner who was more attentive to running the camera than my performance :). Guess he's seen a lot of that, LOL. BTW i'm not the guy in the video.


kiasma museum of contemporary art
But, as ever the good photos of the building are his
as the architect's eye sees the building and not funky details as i do.

On another note there's excitement in the weaving world as there is an initiative to create a weaving social network along the lines of Ravelry. A hub for us! Read about it here.

neki desu

seeCCLicense



1 comment:

  1. Hi!
    I'm supposed to be creating labels for the ATCs in the upcoming CYBER FYBER exhibition but couldn't resist peeking in on your blog while I worked. I'm so glad I did. Your recent post reminded me of another fabulous exhibit I saw three years ago in Helsinki at the same museum. It is a great place. Thanks for sharing and also for trading with me at CYBER FYBER
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

interaction appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...