Translate

Friday, March 10, 2006

the kindness of strangers




Tennessee Williams gave us an incredible life line-pun- when he made Blanche Dubois say "I've always depended on the kindness of strangers"
Opened my blog today trying to keep myself from climbing walls due to the upcoming Japanese test to find this incredibly kind comment. Thank you, thank you, thank you. It really means a lot to me.

Here is another finished work from the kana series. I still don't have a title for it and I dislike cute punny titles. But let's face it I can't think of anything but the test. It makes me feel less obsessed to know that my classmates are equally desperate. It's like wearing those cute Japanese schoolboy uniforms in your brain. Yes, they are cute but, they are military looking. Extrapolate the thought.

Anyway, I dyed the silk using LWI then overprinted the kana letter ing, used a scrap of one of my digitally printed fabrics and a commercial silk scrap. This could read as reinterpretation of Japanese country fabrics.

neki desu



No comments:

Post a Comment

interaction appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...