Translate

Thursday, July 06, 2023

the summer of the res


re read, revisit ,re study re try and everything else in between. this is no laughing matter. after so many years of using my to go weaving program i have discocered many other functions to work with paralell threadings and networks.
i even went back to alice schlein's seminal network book and re read it discovering many ideas that i had just glossed over. i am re studying it in depth this time. 
as with dyeing all these years i had gotten results but the depth of it had escaped me. i am at a curious point now  revisiting what i thought i knew .

on the other hand not related but in a way it is i have started looking up words in the dictionary directly from japanese. at first i'd look up a word in english to get the japanese equivalent. now after countless dramas i hear an unfamiliar word,stop the streaming and look it up. it's a great reinforcement and after hearing it a couple of times it's already set in the  hardisk of my  mind.

i am planning my fall weaves with all those madder and benibana dyed silks. the anticipation is building up. novel ways of using my weaving program promise summer fun.




















neki desu
Creative Commons License 

2 comments:

  1. I'm also finding it fascinating to go back to my earlier sources, including Alice's books, now that I've been playing with parallel and non-parallel interleaved threadings for a few years. It shines a different light on the subjects I thought I understood. Happy re-exploring!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. right! i have discovered rosepath parallel networks.it takes the ditzyiness out of rosepath.(*^▽^*)

    ReplyDelete

interaction appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...