Translate

Monday, December 11, 2017

humbled



my admiration for all of you who work with linen.i have worked with very fine threads all my weaving life, but they were mostly silk or wool and a bit of cotton as well.
but linen is a different animal; it has a different life and behavior.
so here i am learning about how to handle linen, even in a much thicker grist than what i am used to work with it presents peculiarities.one of them the airborne lint that causes me to cough and gives me  a runny nose, japanese cold masks are de rigeur .
 the autodenter works like a good baby! it doesn't cut the threads like it sometimes does to very fine silk.my gain!
after a very long bank holiday-almost a week-with no walks, aqua gym,japanese class and ladies who coffee i was able to really troop it. dying to start weaving!and i already have the cakes baked, the xmas dinner made and frozen and the decos up.just need to sit down and make the xmas animated card.woohoo!






neki desu
Creative Commons License

1 comment:

  1. Bonne chance. I have never developed a good relationship with linen and we have finally agreed to a truce. I won't bother IT, and IT won't bother me. But I know you are fearless, and I will be watching with interest.

    ReplyDelete

interaction appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...