Translate

Monday, November 04, 2013

new paths and ways



 i had to start from scratch documenting the hack to the e- knitting machine. along the way some surprising finds and possible new paths. once you go electronic you try to apply it to everything you touch, so to speak. 

thanks to my friend lynne brunning, who has opened my mind and pointed me towards new exciting directions, i am going to be working outside my comfort zone  exploring new things  and feel very excited about it.

i find similarities with the time i started weaving seriously. i wanted to do something with the patterning  vocabulary in weaving. started out by weaving some of the  patterns in davison using very bold colors. soon afterwards network drafting came about and i embraced that technology which freed me from the grid.then went wild stamping the warp and adding transferred images to the woven pattern in the warp.

now the call is for electronics and how i can incorporate them to knitted artwork.as i tend to the abstract i won't be knitting brainwaves. but images however abstract can be a starting point.
 have i mentioned before that i love geekery ?  ^_^



neki desu
Creative Commons License

2 comments:

  1. I'm very new to weaving and only can 'knit one-purl one' so I think you are very cleaver and brave to jump to it electronically! I love weaving and dyeing so I hope one day I will be able to weave my hand dye yarns. - Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Power to the geeks.

    ReplyDelete

interaction appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...