Translate

Friday, December 04, 2009

i'm curious

pomegranate sample

Yellow!! When i took the sample out of the pomegranate soup after two days it was taxi cab yellow. Some color washed off, but it is still pretty vivid.Next step will be mordanting some silk yarn with alum and leaving it for 2 days as well.
Weavingwise i managed to finish tieing on the first chain in all of its 300 knots.Amazing the strategies used to combat boredom. Like chanting gray-blue, blue gray in mantra fashion to keep the order on each layer as if i suffred from Asperger's syndrome .C' mon people, i need a pep crew!

We are having a 5 day bank holiday until Tuesday.Anybody wants to move to Spain?
Have a lovely weekend!


neki desu


view CCLicense
Creative Commons License

4 comments:

  1. oh, that syndrome has a name? ha!

    the color id great, i need to get into my brew soon ans see what is happening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Pomegranate to taxi cab yellow to THIS...very beautiful color! I really enjoy seeing your natural dye experiments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! 5-day bank holiday? Just imagine how many knots you can make in that time. How about exciting books on tape, or music with a quick beat, or something similar to keep your energy level up?

    color is beautiful - on my monitor it's a nice gold-ish yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, as you know I'm not a weaver, I'm NOT a weaver. I'm not a weav.... ohh did I really buy a set of weaving tablets the other week :-) I suspect it may be watch this space.

    I will be posting details about staem dyeing in the next few days.

    ReplyDelete

interaction appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...